Abortion Pills - Generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol
Abortion pills are extensively employed by females for ending their unplanned pregnancy. Mainly abortion is performed with the help of generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol. Both active medications work together and complete abortion. But, Abortion pill is mainly indicated to conclude pregnancy less than 9 weeks (63days).
- Generic Mifepristone is available in various brands like Mifeprex, Korlym and RU486.
- Generic Misoprostol is found in the brand name of Cytotec.
How Abortion pill works?
Generic Mifepristone is anti-progesterone, which actively inhibits the working of natural progesterone and abort pregnancy in a safe manner. Mifepristone also prevent the supply of oxygen and nutrition to the fetus and lead to the death of fetus.
Misoprostol is a synthetic prostaglandin E1 and it makes the contraction of uterine wall and eliminates deaf fetus, placenta and embryo from the womb of female.
Who should not get Abortion pill?
Female suffering from hypersensitivity towards generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol, adrenal porphyria, ectopic pregnancy, uterine cancer, ovarian cysts, blood related disorders like anemia and leukemia.
Which medicines may interact with mtp Abortion pill?
- Oral corticosteroids like Dexamethasone and Prednisone
- Blood thinners like Coumadin, Warfarin and Heparin
- Phenytoin, Phenobarbital and Carbamazepine
- Cimetidine, Ranitidine and Pantoprazole
How to store Abortion pill?
Properly store abortion pills at the room temperature 30 0C and away from the reach and sight of kids.
How to take Abortion pill?
A female should take abortion pills with empty stomach. The female should get this medicine as follow-
Abortion with Mifepristone-
- Firstly, a female should take three tablet of Mifepristone (200mg) via the oral route as a single dose.
- After two days she should go for clinical tests like ultrasound or sonography for checking the complete status of abortion.
Abortion with Misoprostol-
- A female should use a total 12 pills of Misoprostol (200mcg). She should take 4 pills via the oral route after a proper gap of 4 hours.
- After two day, she should go for clinical investigation to validate abortion.
What are the undesirable effects of mtp Abortion pill?
Abortion pills are completely safe and effective but it can also cause some common side effects like cramps, fever, stomach pain, nausea, anxiety, pain in the pelvic region, inflammation of the vagina, muscle pain, heavy and painful vaginal bleeding along with blood or blood clots.
What safety tips should be followed while using Abortion pill?
- Firstly, confirm your pregnancy time and location through ultrasound then take Abortion pill.
- Always consume healthy diet after abortion to get better your wounds and health.
- Take away your all intrauterine gadgets before taking Abortion pill.
- In case of excruciating fever and pain, take Ibuprofen.