Mircette contains derivatives Ethinyl -estradiol and Desogestrel and is available in its generic form to control the action of female hormones i.e. estrogen and progestin by preventing ovulation and thus act as birth control pills or contraceptive pills.
How Mircette works?
Mircette comes with combination of female hormones (estrogen and progestin) to prevent pregnancy. Mircette acts as a contraceptive pills or birth control pills by blocking the action of these hormones as it prevents the release of egg from ovaries and make it difficult for sperm to reach the uterus by modifying the cervical mucus and uterine lining. So, that a fertilized egg cannot get attached with the uterus.
Mircette is a pack of 28 pills in which 26 are active pills of white and yellow color containing hormones and 2 are inactive pills of light green color without hormones.
Who should not take Mircette?
- In case of heart disorder, blood disorder, uncontrolled high blood pressure, unusual bleeding.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get conceive.
- In case of allergic to any hormone present in it.
- Liver cancer or liver disease
What are the Drug interactions?
- Combined hormonal contraceptives
What should be done in case of dosing if-?
Females have to take white tablets in first 21 days and then light green tablets in next 2 days after which yellow tablets in next 5 days at same time of the day.
Missed Dose- Chances of getting pregnant increases in case of missed dose, so consult your doctor regularly.
Overdose- Seek emergency medical help in case of overdose.
What would be the adverse effects of Mircette?
- Weight gain
- Breast tiredness
- Alteration in sensual behavior
- Heavy bleeding
- Irregular periods
What safety precautions should be taken care while consuming Mircette?
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Diabetes, depression, seizures, thyroid problems.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- Take care if you are a nursing mother as it slows down milk production and also passes in milk.