Prosoma is a centrally acting muscle relaxer that lessens agonizing pain resulting from muscle spasms, strains and sprains. This medication works by inhibiting pain sensations between brain and nerves. Prosoma contains Generic Carisoprodol, helps in relieving the discomfort owing to stressed muscle contractions. This muscle relaxant delivers you an exceptional relief from all these pain conditions. It is FDA approved drug prescribed to relieve signs and symptoms of acute painful musculoskeletal conditions when taken orally. This drug can be used together with physical therapy and rest to treat injuries and other aching musculoskeletal states. Generic Carisoprodol has a quick onset of action typically within half an hour and the effects can persist for about 2 to 6 hours.
When Prosoma use is avoided?
- A history of seizures
- Acute intermittent porphyria
- Liver and kidney disorders
Which drugs interact with Prosoma 500mg?
- Other muscle relaxers: Diazepam, Clonazepam
- Antiplatelet drugs: Clopidogrel
- Other analgesics: Tramadol, Oxycodone
- Anticonvulsants: Carbamazepine
- Antidepressants: MAO inhibitors or SSRIs
- Anxiety drugs, particularly benzodiazepines
How Prosoma is stored?
Prosoma tablets should be stored at room temperature away from light, moisture and heat.
How this drug taken?
Take Prosoma 500mg tablet orally once in a day with a glass full of water. Always take this tablet with a glass full of water regardless of whether you eat. Eating may postpone the effects of Generic Carisoprodol.
What happens in case of missed dose?
You can consume the dose you have forgotten the moment you remember. If it is roughly the time for your subsequent dose, you can skip the missed dose and consume the drug at the subsequent planned time. Avoid taking extra drug to make up for the missed dose.
What happens in case of overdose?
Overdose symptoms of Generic Carisoprodol may include hallucinations (seeing things), vision problems, fast heartbeat, shallow breathing, confusion, or seizures. Look out for an immediate medical help if you think you have taken this medication in excess.
What are the side effects of Prosoma 500mg?
Common side effects of Prosoma may include nausea, constipation, dizziness, intense weakness or loss of coordination, sedation, itching, sweating, vision loss, drowsiness or headache. In case you experience any of these side effects, consult your doctor right away before these effects last or get worse.
What precautions are to be implemented before taking Prosoma?
- Avoid drinking alcohol along with Generic Carisoprodol as it can intensify the dizziness and drowsiness caused by it.
- This muscle relaxer may be addictive and must be used only by the individual it was given for. This drug should never be given to another individual, particularly if someone has a history of drug dependence.
- Do not give Prosoma 500mg tablet to a child younger than 12 years old.
- You are recommended to drink maximum amount of water after taking Prosoma 500mg as it will reduce the stomach irritation.