Strattera is primarily prescribed to those who are suffering from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorders). Generic Atomoxetine is main therapeutic agent found in this drug and it belongs to the category of nor-epinephrine reuptake inhibitors. Strattera helps to augment the learning ability, capacity to pay concentration and stay focus.
How Strattera acts?
- Atomoxetine simply works by restoring certain natural substances in the brain.
- Atomoxetine have an effect on chemicals in the brain, which are responsible for the hyperactivity and impulse control.
When Strattera should not be taken?
- Individual with hypersensitivity towards generic Atomoxetine, mental problems like bipolar disorders, depression, hypotension (low blood pressure), liver and kidney dysfunction should not get this therapy.
What are drug interactions of Strattera?
- Duloxetine and Paroxetine, Montelukst and Zafirlukast , Atenolol, Benicar and Clonidine HCL
What are the Doses of Strattera?
An individual should get a single capsule via oral route along with drinking water. The dose should be recommended as per the individual's age, body weight and severity of diseased condition. The available doses of Strattera are
Dose for adults-
An individual should consume 20mg of Strattera twice a day. Strattera dose may be increased after three days up to 80mg. After few weeks, the dose of this medicine may be increased up to 100mg.
Dose for pediatric-
An individual should get Strattera 0.5mg/kg one time in a day, particularly in morning time. Otherwise, the dose may be increased up to 0.25mg/kg twice a day.
What are the unwanted effects of Strattera?
Stomach upset, loss of hunger, mood swings, tiredness, chest pain, trouble in breathing, difficulty in urination and jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes).
What are the Safety tips of Strattera?
- Strattera may affect our ability to think and concentrate, so you should avoid driving after the consumption of this medication.
- It is not intended for children below than the 6 years of age.
- Lactating and pregnant females should not obtain this medicine.