Dianette is a contraceptive pill, which is employed by the females all over the entire globe for preventing the unwanted pregnancy. It contains two main active constituents like Cyproterone acetate and Ethinylestradiol. It comes under the category of androgens. Dianette works by inhibiting the release of an egg from the ovary and stop the ovulation process. Apart from this, it also changes the uterus lining and makes the viscous vaginal fluid in the cervix, which makes the difficulty for sperm to attach with the uterus and successfully prevent pregnancy in females.
How to take Dianette?
Dianette pack contains total 21 pills. A female should take a single tablet of Dianette on a daily basis for 21 days. Dianette is administered as orally along with a full glass of water. You have to take this medication at the same on a daily basis without any gap. Do not skip any dose of Dianette as missing the dose of Dianette increase the risk of pregnancy. If accidently you get an overdose of this drug then immediately consult your doctor.
Who should not get Dianette?
If you are suffering with hypersensitivity to generic Cyproterone acetate and Ethinylestradiol, blood related disorders like anemia, leukemia and sickle cell anemia, angina, heart disorders, severe diabetes, kidney and liver dysfunction.
What are the drugs interact with Dianette?
- Crizotinib, Modafinil, Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Primidone, Rifampicin, ritonavir, telaprevir, Warafrin, Heparin, Coumadin and Barbiturates.
What are the adverse effects of Dianette?
- Stomach pain, feeling of drowsiness, chest pain, shallow breathing, tachycardia and bradycardia (uneven heart beat).
What are the safety steps should be adopted while taking Dianette?
- If a female is already pregnant then avoid the intake of this drug.
- Intake of alcohol is strictly inadvisable along with this drug.
- Quit smoking while using this therapy.
- Do not get any kind of antibiotic along with this Dianette as it may reduce the effectiveness of therapy.
- Girls under the age of 18 years should not take this medicine.
- Long term consumption of this drug may cause deep vein thrombosis, so you should avoid the long term intake of this therapy.