Sustanon helps in bringing visible effects by changing the growth in an individual through physiological and psychological ways by affecting the overall body mass and fat, bone mineral density, overall mass build up. It also helps in treating hypogonadism in males, erectile dysfunction due to decreased androgen levels in males.
How Sustanon acts?
It is used as THRT (Testosterone Hormone Replacement Therapy). Sustanon injection is composed of various forms of synthetically prepared testosterone dissolved in oil base. Sustanon 250 injection is a blend of 4 compounds mainly-
- 30mg Testosterone propionate
- 60mg Testosterone phenyl propionate
- 60mg Testosterone isocaproate
- 100mg Testosterone decanoate
Sustanon induces the Hematopoises process and balance haemoglobin levels. It also decreases the LDL-C , HDL-C and triglyceride levels and encourages nitrogen retention in muscle tissue.
Who should not get Sustanon?
- If you ever had experienced kidney or lung cancer, kidney diseases.
- In case of prostate cancer or any issue associated with prostate gland.
- High blood pressure patients, heart patients, diabetic patients should not take Testosterone.
What are the drugs interactions of Sustanon?
- Corticosteroids enhances edema formation
- Medicines to control blood sugar level or Insulin.
- Anti epileptic drugs-Phenobarbital
How should it be stored?
- Sustanon injection should be stored below 300C
- It should not be refrigerated or freeze and store in its original packing to avoid exposure from light.
How you should take Sustanon?
- 1ml dose for each 3 weeks is more than enough for adult patients.
- It is not recommended for pediatric patients as it may bring pre-puberty.
- For transsexual patients, they can take the dose of 1 injection of 1ml for every 2 weeks which can be further decreased to 1injection of 1ml for every 4 weeks.
- Injectable site for I.M application of Sustanon injection is deltoid near vastus lateralis or vetrogluteal muscle
- You can have Sustanon without consideration of meals.
Missed Dose- Consult your physician in case you missed the dose.
Overdose- Overdose leads to priapism and polycythaemia , so discontinue and seek medical advice with your physician.
What would be the side effects of Sustanon?
- Conversion of Testosterone into estrogen known as aromatase process promotes to gynecomastia and excess water retention which in turn leads to high blood pressure.
- Reduction of Testosterone into dihydrotestoterone (DHT) by 5 alpha reductase enzyme leads to acne, hair loss and body hair growth.
- Skin itching, prolonged and painful erection in men, low sperm count, change in lipid level, muscle pain, change in sexual drive and weakness are some of the side effects of Sustanon.
What precautions should be taken while taking Sustanon?
- Nursing mothers, pregnant ladies should take care.
- You should take care in case of High blood pressure, high cholesterol, if you suffer from prostate enlargement or if you are not a healthy adult male.
- Aromatase Inhibitor should be taken along with Testosterone.
- Patients who are allergic to the drug should take great care.
- Patients who are allergic to soya and peanuts take remind of.