Ambien 12.5mg Pills
Ambien is a film coated tablet having Zolpidem as its main ingredient and it belongs to a group of medicines that comes under hypnotics and it works by inducing sleep via acting on your brain.
Adults who are facing severe distress, which affect their everyday life due to sleep, Ambien are a temporary solution for that. Waking too early, difficulty falling asleep, waking in the middle of night are some of the sleep problems that affect every day life of any individual. Ambien is not a permanent solution, so not recommended every day for longer period of time.
How Ambien works?
Ambien containing Zolpidem comes under the class of medicines called as Z drugs that works by inducing sleep in adults.
Who should not take zolpidem Ambien?
- If you are under the age of 18
- If you are allergic to any ingredient of drug.
- If you have any respiratory problem, liver problem.
- If you have any issue related to muscle weakness.
How you should take Ambien?
- Ambien should be taken orally at one time and not to be repeated during same night.
- Ambien adult daily dose should be started with lowest at bedtime and should not exceed 10mg.
- You can take Ambien whole with water.
Missed Dose- It is always recommended to take Ambien at bedtime and if you forget to take then do not repeat it during day or you will feel drowsy all the day.
Over Dose- You will feel drowsy and very deeply sleepy and possibly falling into coma seek medical attention.
What can be the drug interactions with zolpidem Ambien?
- Antipsychotics, hypnotics, Anti-anxiety, narcotic analgesics, medicines used for anesthesia, anti allergic medicines.
- It is recommended not to take Ambien with Ciprofloxacin or Fluvoxamine.
- Anti biotics such as Clarythromycin or Erythromycin
- Anti fungal- Ketoconazole or Itraconazole
- Anti HIV- Ritonavir
- With Anti depressants such as Bupripion , Desipramine you may feel hallucinations.
- Anti-epileptics such as Carbamazepine, Phenobarbital or Phenytoin.
What are the side effects of Ambien 12.5 mg?
- Rashes due to hypersensitivity, breathing problems, swelling of lips, face or throat or tongue, fatigue, back pain.
- Drowsiness and decrease in level of alertness leading you to fall and cause injuries.
- Alcohol with Ambien increases its effect and makes you sleep very deeply leads to difficulty in breathing and difficult walking.
What precautions you should take care while taking Ambien?
- Patients with liver problems should take care.
- If you are pregnant or supposed to get pregnant.
- Nursing mothers should take care as it passes to milk.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Ambien.
- Elderly patient should take care.
Take Ambien 8 hour before any activity that requires your alertness.